Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Cartoons


Happy Mother's Day. Here are some mother-oriented cartoons. Above: an Oprah cartoon. I have been able to sell Oprah-critical cartoons more and more in the past five years. Before that, you couldn't criticize her.


There is a lot of scholarship and knowledge in reading those labels. There should just be a "this will make you fat" aisle.




Spelling out you mom's name in toast (of courser, her name is "mom") is something I would have done as a kid.

Being a parent today is especially challenging.




Above: some tough-love city bird parents.

Above: the most reprinted Mom cartoon I ever drew.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I know exactly why the Mom Voice Mail cartoon is the most reprinted mom cartoon you've drawn! I can't tell you how many times I've covered for my kids with notes, explanations and OUTRIGHT LIES. Now that they're older though, I make them take the heat ... usually...