Monday, November 02, 2009
Above: a New Yorker cartoon by Julia Suits. I'll admit I don't get the joke.
There's that saying that 90% of the people who read The New Yorker look at the cartoons first. The other 10% is lying.
Now, who knows how many people look at a New Yorker gag cartoon and just do not get the joke?
In today's Bloghorn blog entry titled Don’t get it? New Yorker explains itself, cartoonist Royston Robertson acknowledges the problem, and links to the Magazine's new cartoon IQ test.