Friday, May 18, 2012

Interview: Nate Beeler



Photo of editorial cartoonist Nate Beeler at his Columbus Dispatch office by Chris Russell.


Nate Beeler talks about being the new Columbus Dispatch editorial cartoonist to The Other Paper's Richard Ades:

“I have a very healthy disdain for authority,” says Beeler, 31. “It dates all the way back to drawing cartoons of my principal in high school, or drawing on the desk and getting detention from the teachers.”

The former incident occurred when officials at Bexley High School issued a dress code outlawing such teenage fashion statements as sagging pants.

“So I drew a caricature of my principal wearing sagging jeans and boxer shorts coming out,” says Beeler, a 1998 Bexley grad. “If I remember correctly, it almost didn’t make it to print.”

Related: Nate Beeler's Columbus Dispatch site.

No comments: