Sunday, September 23, 2012

Goodbye CUL DE SAC



Today is the last day of Richard Thompson's CUL DE SAC comic strip. He is leaving the strip to focus on his health.


The Washington Post's Michael Cavna has more, including many heartfelt comments from other syndicated cartoonists. CUL DE SAC began in the Post in 2004.

I will miss the strip. I will reread the collections, and will buy the slipcased edition of the reprints should one be forthcoming.

I've known Richard for something like 6 or 7 years. He is, as anyone who either knows him well or just spent a minute with him, just one of the most gracious fellows you would ever want to meet. I am glad that he will be focusing on getting better. We need as many as those kind of people around as possible. My family sends the Thompsons all their hopes.

UPDATE: Richard talks about this strip at his blog.





No comments: