Thursday, January 31, 2013

Struggling New Yorker Cartoonist Sells Rejections to Pay for Car Impound



I used to own a car in NYC (which is crazy). I parked it on the street (ditto), which means, over time, that damn old Toyota go its trunk broken into, a wheel stolen and, of course, one time it was towed to the car impound lot because I read a street sign wrong.

Sure, I was crazy to own a car there -- but Corey Pandolph is crazy like a fox.

Like I used to, Corey, a fellow cartoonist lives in NYC and, like me, his car was towed. And here's where the crazy like a fox bit kicks in: Corey has initiated a sale of his rejected cartoons for The New Yorker to pay for the towing and the impound lot parking fee.

HuffPo story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.